- Why Project Fixup is much better than Match.com or other dating sites
- How they're differentiating themselves in the marketing
- The value of their individual users and testimonials
- Finding ways to communicate their service effectively
- How they used Twitter, alongside their landing page, to gain traction immediately
- How Project Fixup uses the lean approach to keep their feature set small
Sarah Press is the CEO and Co-Founder of Project Fixup. Prior to Project Fixup, Sarah was the co-founder of peer-learning startup CommuniTeach, Program Manager at i.c.stars, and a management consultant at Bain and Company.
Sarah graduated from UNC Chapel Hill in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and minor in Entrepreneurship. She is currently an MBA Candidate at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, where she is a Herman Fellow for Entrepreneurship and a C200 Scholar. She loves connecting with fellow entrepreneurs, so feel free to email her at email@example.com to grab a cup of coffee and chat.
Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn and twitter @spressto.
More about Project Fixup
Their pitch: Get matched with a wonderful match for $15 per date without the messaging back & forth.
In their own words:
Project Fixup is a better approach to dating that fixes up interesting people on awesome one-on-one dates over craft beer, board games, jazz, sushi, and other fun topics. We match like-minded individuals and handle all the details of their fixup (e.g. location, scheduling, reservations) so that busy professionals can have a great date without the work.
We launched in June 2012 and will be organizing dates throughout the summer for themes such as craft beer, tapas and sangria, dive bars, Summerdance, and more. Our mission is to bring the human element back into dating by providing an easier and more enjoyable way for Chicagoans to meet in person and see if there’s a spark. Learn more at @projectfixup on Twitter.